Make the most of your visit in Denali National Park
Alaskan lodging at its best, Skyline Lodge is the operations base for Kantishna Air Taxi and its crew. Located deep within Denali National Park in Kantishna (Mile 92 of the park road), Skyline Lodge is the closest you can get by road to Denali’s high peak. We are only 20 miles away from the towering North Face of Denali. This solar-powered lodge can accommodate up to 10 guests in four comfortable rooms. Being the only small lodge in the park creates a unique and genuine experience away from the crowds making Skyline one of the most unique Alaska lodges and resorts. Skyline Lodge is the ideal base for independent travelers who want to explore Denali's rich history, geography, flora and fauna.
Day hiking in the beautiful Kantishna Hills, mountain biking on the park road and old mining roads, fishing in Wonder Lake, or flightseeing tours can offer spectacular views of Mt. McKinley and the Alaska Range. Many guests enjoy just relaxing in the lodge. Guests also get a first-hand view of the daily lives of Alaskan Bush pilots and crew.
Skyline Lodge offers its guests the use of several common areas: the study area with a collection of Alaskana books and aviation information, the dining room and ping pong emporium, and the two deck levels which overlook Moose Creek and the Kantishna Valley.
Skyline Lodge has five separate rooms available for our guests. Four cabin rooms are furnished with a queen bed and full mattress in the sleeping loft. One room is furnished with one queen bed. Please note that the rooms have no private bathroom facilities. The main lodge just a few steps away has bathroom and shower facilities for guest use.
Our 2014 season runs from June 8th - September 9th
- Check-in time is between 1:00pm-9:00pm. Late arrival arrangements can be made. Check-out time is no later than 10:30am.
- See meal information.
- Wine and beer are available for purchase.
- We are a non-smoking establishment. Smoking is only permitted outside.
- Children are welcome. Adult rate applies to children of any age.
- Phone services are extremely limited. Internet service may be avaialble for $7.00 per calendar day. A public phone may be available to guests. Please use calling cards for any calls--bring your own or you can purchase them at the lodge.
- Sorry, we don't allow pets.
If the Skyline Lodge is full and/or you cannot find other Kantishna lodging, don't cross Kantishna off your list. You can still get into this beautiful, remote area of Denali just for the day. Please see our Day-Trip Excursions for fly/drive combo packages.
View Trip Advisor to read reviews and find out what others are saying about Skyline Lodge.